Kris Carr is one of my new gurus. I carry her latest book with me wherever I go, soaking up her knowledge in any free moment. Her Crazy Sexy Diet is life-affirming, logical, a fun read, and makes you want to restart your engine. She doesn’t lecture, just gives you the facts in a compelling, make-you-want-to-clean-up-your-life kind of way. I’ve just ordered her documentary.
Here’s one of my favorite KC posts from her online magazine, kriscarr.com:
Crazy Sexy Personal Beauty Tips
1. Drink ½ your body weight in ounces of purified water daily. If you’re a daily green juice Goddess, you can drink less.
2. Eat a varied plant-based diet high in raw organic foods, green juices and green smoothies.
3. Dump animal products, fake foods, sodas, coffee and energy drinks.
4. Sweat your prayers and shake your ass-ets. Move your God Pod 3-5 times per week.
5. Rest. Sleep is something we never catch-up on. Try to get 8 hours of uninterrupted slumber between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
6. Dry brush. Your skin is your largest organ. Keep it bright and unobstructed with daily dry brushing.
7. Positive re-programming. A healthy and glowy body isn’t just about what you eat and what you put on your skin, it’s also about addressing what’s eating you. Face what’s holding you back in an honest and authentic way. Move through your darkness into your brilliant light (so bright we need expensive sunglasses). Practice EFT, journaling, check-ups from the neck ups, meditation, and visualization and smile therapy. Look in the mirror each day and say, “You are gorgeous inside and out, upside and down.”
8. Spend time in Mother Nature and align your inner rhythm to hers. There’s a time and a season for growth, renewal, refuge and silence. In our fast-paced world we often go against our inner grain. Stop, drop and remember.
9. Go to church. And by church, I mean nature. Spend time outside in the sunshine, breathe deep, hug a tree, do sun salutes in the rain, sit and meditate like the Buddha, get dirt under your nails by planting a garden and feed the birds. Enlightenment will come.
Peace and pretty,